QUESTION: Why are you a Christian?
ANSWER: Are you ready to answer…?
What is Apologetics Course? It’s to give good answers to hard questions people ask Christian believers.
Who is this for?
This course is for Christians wanting to improve their understanding and skills in responding to hard questions people ask about Christianity. It is also for those who are thinking to accept the Christian Faith and become believers in the LORD Jesus Christ.
David Flynn has a Ph.D in Theology from Queens University Belfast, works for London School of Theology (LST) and is also a Freelance Tutor. He specialises in Missiology, Eschatology and Apologetics, has worked for Latin Link Mission for over 20 years and has co-led several Deaf Short-Term Missions Teams to Bolivia, South America.
Denise Flynn is a graduate of LST, a Freelance Theology and Ethics Tutor, and has also been a Latin Link Team member for over 20 years. Her specialism is Discipleship and Leadership Training for Deaf People and Signers and has led several Deaf Short-Team Missions to different countries and cultures.
Dates: 5 x Saturdays, 13th & 27th October, 10th & 24th November and 8th December 2018
Times: 10.00am till 5.00pm
Where: Riverside House, 21 Alcester Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 8AR
Price: £95.00 per student, lunch and voice-over included (available for 30 places only)
Contact: Jay Thomas-Morton, firstname.lastname@example.org / 07825 986 407 (text only)
Understanding Depression and Anxiety
1. Better understanding of Depression and Anxiety.
2. Be aware of what services available within NHS, Community, Friends and Families.
3. Do’s and Don’t of ‘dealing’ or ‘communicating’ in people with depression.
4. Identify the difference and similarities of Depression and Anxiety.
5. To identify the Triggers.
1. To share knowledge and understanding in confidence about the subject of depression and anxiety
2. Be enable others to approach individuals with confidence about this subject.
3. Broaden your understanding of do’s and don’ts in communication in people with depression
4. Encourage better listening skills by letting each person find it’s own solution
5. Don’t do this alone, by encouraging individuals to talk with friends or professionals
Edieneh Spence, Lecturer & Advance Practitioner in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Jay Thomas-Morton, Pastoral-Leader and Level 2/3 Counselling Skills
Theresa Thomas-Morton, RSLI
Danielle Hansbury, RSLI
Saturday 5th May 2018, 10.30am till 4.00pm
Riverside House, 21 Alcester Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 8AR
£20 per adult, fully inclusive (lunch) and hot/cold drinks
07825 986 407 (TXT / FaceTime only)