LST Discipleship & Leadership Training Course 2017-18
Information about the Course
LST: London School of Theology, an approved Christian training and assessment centre accredited by Middlesex University offers the Discipleship & Leadership Training Course for both Deaf and hearing BSL users.
This course welcomes learners from Riverside church, Word of Hands and other Deaf ministries within local churches including Home Groups and Alpha courses.
If you want to receive the LST qualification “Award Certificate” at the end of the course, the requirements will be 90% attendance, coursework, an exam each term and a practical experience assignment (placement) to be successfully completed. If case of illness or other health issue, proof of a doctor’s letter will be accepted in lieu of attendance.
Block One: Introduction to Discipleship
- Going deeper into discipleship
- Developing the character of a disciple
- Learning from Proverbs: criticism, feedback and wisdom
- Examples from the lives of David, Job and Paul
Block Two: Gifting and Church Membership
- Understanding gifting, skills and ministries
- Leading Praise and Worship in BSL
- The importance of Church Membership
- Perspectives on Water Baptism and Communion
- Tithes and Offerings
Block Three: Prayer and Preaching
- Homiletics: The Art of Preaching in 4 Parts: Theory, Practice, Presentation and Using Homiletic Tools
- Leading a small group Bible study
- Knowing basic Christian Doctrine
Block Four: Mission and Leadership
- Marriage awareness and counselling
- Introduction to Church History
- Maturing as a leader
- Looking after your spiritual life
- Panorama of Christian Vision History
- Discernment in cross-cultural mission
- Practical Mission placement abroad
To come on the course, students have to fill in an enrolment form, have a letter of recommendation from their church pastor or leaders and also an interview with David and Denise Flynn.
David and Denise Flynn
Number of Places
Minimum 12 and maximum 14 candidates per group
Monday 4th September 2017 – Saturday 29th September 2018.
32 x Monday sessions in Solihull
7 x Saturdays in Birmingham.
Monday sessions will be held at:
Communication Plus, 130 Kineton Green Rd, Olton, Solihull, B92 7EF.
10am till 2pm
Saturday sessions will be held at:
Riverside House, 21 Alcester Rd, Birmingham, B13 8AR
10am till 5pm
£600.00 per candidate for the taught course (please see the separate Payment Terms Form for various payment methods) and £50 registration fee. Further payment for the Practical Mission Placement Experience Abroad will be confirmed by early 2018.
Click here for APPLICATION FORM
Click here for INFORMATION FORM
Click here for PAYMENT TERMS FORM
Click here for TERM DATES/TIMES
07825 986 407 (text only)